Happy Fathers Day 2018
Happy Fathers Day from SERVPRO of Galveston Island / Lake Jackson! Take a look at some activities around town!
All Weekend Long
- $50 Gift Card for $40: Dad’s Month Specials at Birds Barbershop in the Heights| Daily –Snag a $50 gift card, plus a hat or t-shirt, for just $40 for Birds Barbershop in the Heights, now through Saturday, July 1, 2018. Simply stop by Birds Barbershop’s location at 420 E. 20th Street to get a $50 gift card for only $40 and take your pick of a signature Dad Hat or Cool Dad Tee. All day.
- Houston Symphony: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkabanin Concert at Jones Hall | Friday, June 15 to Father’s Day, Sunday, June 17 – The Harry Potter phenomenon continues with the third film of the series, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban in concert at Jones Hall. The Houston Symphony will perform every note from John Williams’ sensational score while audiences relive the magic of the film projected in high definition on the big screen. Tickets start at $39. Times vary.
- Comic Ryan Hamilton at Houston Improv| Friday, June 15 to Father’s Day, Sunday, June 17 – Laugh it up with Dad and score 2-for-1 tickets to see fresh-faced, clean-cut comedian Ryan Hamilton. An observational comic, he “often riffs on the absurdity of his own wholesomeness.” Tickets range from $20 to $30, but for a limited time, 365 Houston readers can score 2-for-1 tickets to the Thursday, Friday, and Sunday shows with promocode Happy365. Times vary.
Friday, June 15, 2018
- Yoga in the Park at Evelyn’s Park| FREE – Relax with your dad as Define Bellaire hosts an outdoor yoga class at Evelyn’s Park in Bellaire. Bring a yoga mat and water bottle. 8:30am.
- Backyard Jam Concert Series at Market Square Park| FREE – Market Square Park in Downtown hosts a free outdoor concert series featuring local bands and musicians. Take Dad to enjoy music in the park from Ume. 7pm.
- The Eagles and Chris Stapleton at Minute Maid Park– Sing along to “Hotel California” with your pops as one of the most commercially successful rock bands of all time, The Eagles land at Minute Maid Park for one night during their massive stadium tour. Nashville recording artist Chris Stapleton opens the show. Tickets start at $69.50. 7pm.
Saturday, June 16, 2018
- Dads, Dinos, & Donuts at The Woodlands Children’s Museum– Celebrate your Father with breakfast donuts, meet a life-size dinosaur, create a dinosaur hat, and take part in some Father’s Day art projects that would make great gifts at The Woodlands Children’s Museum. This event is included with general admission to the museum. 8am to 9:30am.
- Flea by Night at Discovery Green| FREE – Shop for everything from art to furniture and collectibles from a variety of vendors while enjoying live music and food trucks during Discovery Green’s Flea by Night. 6pm to 10pm.
- Sugar Land Superstar Round 1 at Sugar Land Town Square| FREE – Bring your lawn chair and enjoy Round 1 of Sugar Land Superstar, an American Idol-like competition at Sugar Land Town Square. 7:30pm tp 9:30pm.
- USA Rugby vs. Scotland at BBVA Compass Stadium– Get loud as the USA Rugby team plays against Scotland at BBVA Compass Stadium. Tickets for this match range from $23 to over $175. 8pm.
Father’s Day, Sunday, June 17, 2018
- Father’s Day Breakfast at Hermann Park– Celebrate Father’s Day with your family at Hermann Park with a scenic breakfast on Pinewood Cafe’s patio overlooking serene McGovern Lake. Continue the fun with a ride on the Hermann Park Railroad, a fun arts and craft activity, and pedal boat ride. Tickets are $14 for adults; $7 for children 12 and under. 8:30am to 10am.
- Father’s Day Brunch at Cadillac Bar Houston– Cadillac Bar Houston hosts their Father’s Day Fiesta Sunday Brunch with over 70 buffet items to choose from. Menu prices vary. 9am to 4pm.
- Father’s Day at Churrascos– Treat Dad to a delicious meal when all Churrascos locations host a Father’s Day Brunch buffet from 10am to 4pm and dinner after 4pm featuring their signature South American food. Churrascos locations include River Oaks, Westchase, and Memorial City. Cost of the dinner is $34.95. 10am.
- Father’s Day at Américas– Bring Dad over to the South American restaurant, Américas in River Oaks for a special brunch buffet from 10am to 4pm or a three-course dinner beginning after 4pm. Cost of the dinner is $39.95. 10am.
- Father’s Day Out at Traders Village Houston| No Cover – Bring the whole family out to Traders Village Houston for the Father’s Day Out concert and car show. Local’s Wet Deam VW Club hosts the show with over 50 cars and live music by Sol Flair. Free to attend; $4 for parking. 10am to 5pm.
- Father’s Day Barbecue at City Acre Brewing Co.– Celebrate your pops with some tasty barbecue at City Acre Brewing Co. There will be a dad-friendly playlist going, dad-friendly movies on the TV and lots of yard games for the kiddos. Plates are $18.95. 11am to 4pm.
- Father’s Day: Free General Admission for Dads at MFAH– Share a day of art with your fathers and grandfathers at the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston. All fathers will receive free general admission. 12:15pm to 7pm.
- Father’s Day at Bayou Bend– Bayou Bend Collection and Gardens host a Father’s Day event that includes complimentary lemonade and cookies at the Lora Jean Kilroy Visitor and Education Center. Fathers and grandfathers receive complimentary admission. 1pm to 4pm.
- Father’s Day Fried Chicken Party at Revival Market– Celebrate Dad with a fried chicken parking lot shindig at the Heights neighborhood favorite, Revival Market. The eatery will have live music from the Will Van Horn Trio, beer from Spindletap, games for the whole family, and of course, fried bird. Plates can be purchased in advance for $35; Kids plates are $10. 3pm to 7pm.
- Father’s Day Screening: True Gritat Alamo Drafthouse Houston – Take Dad to enjoy a screening of the iconic 1969 Western, True Grit, on the big screen at Alamo Drafthouse Houston. Tickets are $9.74. 6pm.